Updated 2 March 2020
ISR closely monitors the global situation regarding the Coronavirus on a regular basis and follows directives from the Bundesamt für Gesundheit (BAG) / Swiss Federal Office of Public Health). We are in contact with other international schools and follow a best practice protocol.
The health and well-being of our community is our first priority and we will continue to update community members on the school’s response.
Currently, we ask our school community to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Any children, parents and staff who have travelled in the past 14 days to China, Iran, South Korea and Singapore, as well as parts of Italy (Lombardy, Piedmont and Veneto) AND who have a fever, cough or respiratory problems should contact the Swiss Hotline (+41 58 463 00 00) and the school.
- Any children, parents and staff who have been in close contact with a confirmed case of the Coronavirus AND who have a fever, cough or respiratory problems should contact the Swiss Hotline (+41 58 463 00 00) and the school.
- Any children, parents and staff must be fever free (without medication for 48 hours) before coming to the school grounds.
NOTE: A fever is considered to be a temperature of 38.0 C (100.4 F) or 37.5 C (99.5 F) for children aged 5 and under.
VULNERABLE MEMBERS OF OUR COMMUNITY
If you consider your child, or a member of your family, to be vulnerable due to a pre-existing condition then please contact the school directly. Preparations have been made so that students can follow the curriculum from home over this period.
As precautions against the spread of viruses, please ensure you take extra care with the following:
- Wash your hands regularly with water and soap.
- When you cough or blow your nose, use a tissue and then put the tissue in the waste bin, then wash your hands with soap and water.
- Cough into your elbow when you do not have a tissue available.
- Avoid touching face as much as possible.
- Use the hand sanitizer, which has been put in the reception area.
- If you have symptoms of flu, stay at home.
- Air the rooms regularly throughout the day.
Students have been briefed on these recommendations at school and please go over them again with your child.
The school is in contact with the authorities who will advise us on what we should do with regards to the current Corona virus situation.
If the Authorities or the School Board decides to close the school as a precaution, lessons will continue online and we will contact you through email, managebac and your personal google docs. Please check your ISR family email account on a regular basis.
For more information please refer to these websites: